Bakti Dueling Tournament 08/05/2021

Withengar

Mar 31, 2021
Hi Everyone,

This Saturday we will be hosting the first ever Requiem Bakti Bowl. This is a open to all players regardless of guild dueling tournament.

If you think that you have the stuff to be the best in Mortal come and prove it. Or if you just like a good 1v1 why not come watch or participate for the fun of it.

Below is a link to the rules and instructions embedded in there is also the sign up link. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UPCimTQLj0Gj9oje1Spmv-VZ8CyPK4T5Ezu1szoRuJY/edit?usp=sharing

Looking forward to seeing all of you and do not forget to share it with your guild mates and friends!

Thank you!

Shiroi

Apr 26, 2021
The idea is very interesting.
Personally I would join but the time is just not convenient for me.

I was waiting to see everyone's reaction, but surprisingly there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.
Perhaps the notice was too "last minute".

Also, maybe there should be some sort of incentive like a gold reward for the winners. It's kinda hard to imagine someone be willing to travel all the way from Tindrem or Fabernum for example for a dueling competition that they might be disqualified from in the first round without any incentive other than proving that they are the best 1v1 pvper.

Another idea would be for the organizers to maybe provide armor and weapons to anyone who is joining the competition. This way anyone who is too far away from the location could just ghost there and then teleport home once they're done thus reducing the time and energy investment on the part of the competitors.

I was curious to know why there were no responses to this post, so just throwing some ideas around.

Cheers

Reactions: Golgotha

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

I was waiting to see everyone's reaction, but surprisingly there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest.

Also, maybe there should be some sort of incentive like a gold reward for the winners. It's kinda hard to imagine someone be willing to travel all the way from Tindrem or Fabernum for example for a dueling competition that they might be disqualified from in the first round without any incentive other than proving that they are the best 1v1 pvper.

Another idea would be for the organizers to maybe provide armor and weapons to anyone who is joining the competition. This way anyone who is too far away from the location could just ghost there and then teleport home once they're done thus reducing the time and energy investment on the part of the competitors.

I was curious to know why there were no responses to this post, so just throwing some ideas around.

Cheers

That is a Very good Suggestion Shiroi, Since it's Beta we didn't take into account that Gear Fear would be a thing, and left that for the Persistence iteration of this event, where it'll feature more things like Guild vs Guild tournaments, and even Team v Team matches. but that is a good idea for the smaller 1v1 Tournaments, and would take a lot more coordination for the Bigger events, and we appreciate the feedback and will reach out to the current participants, and the Future ones to get their thoughts on this

Cheers

Last edited:

Withengar

Mar 31, 2021

Cheers

Your concers are duly noted, and I agree with pretty much everything. There is a reward, we just did not want to make this the main focus of the event. It is more like a test-drive and a social event. Also we could potentially provide armor and weapons but if you prepare 50 armor sets and 100 people show up, then what do you do? Plus it is a great gear investment, and I hardly believe any event is ever going to provide armor/gear.

With that in mind, it is being used to shape a user friendly, entertaining and rewarding event for the future, so adjustments will be made based on feedback.

Thank you for your time and feedback!

Reactions: AssassinOTL

Shiroi

Apr 26, 2021
You're welcome and hope the event goes well.

Tomorrow I'll look for videos of the event online, so hope someone does stream it :)

Cheers

Withengar

Mar 31, 2021
Thanks to everyone who supported us with their presence and participation! Also special thanks to Bakti Trading Company for sponsoring the event with extra 150 gold for the winner! We have great plans for our next events, which will be better organised with greater rewards, gear sets for people who had a hard time bringing their own and overall, better organisation and communication.

Again, Thank you!

Reactions: Golgotha