Arena Feedback (People can interfer in the fights using a bow shooting players from the Spectator Area)

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Let the guards only enter the Spectator area without a weapon. This should also apply for the Taverns, so players can play the gambel games, as soon as they get released.

Reactions: Moored

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Please not this.

I think Players should be able to get attacked everywhere, but grifing events in the Tavern, when people play gambling games and during Areana Events would be bad. This should be the only 2 places with protection. I am not sure how SV will make the laddersystem for the Arena as they announced it, but this would only work if people cant interfer in the fights and manipulate them.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
I think taverns should be non pvp in blue cities and in lawless cities pvp could be allowed in taverns.
And in player built taverns the players decide if its non pvp or not.
The arena should also be safe so people fight eachother in a controlled enviorment without the risk of interferens from other players, this create som sort of mechanic that is somewhat fair.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I think Players should be able to get attacked everywhere, but grifing events in the Tavern, when people play gambling games and during Areana Events would be bad. This should be the only 2 places with protection. I am not sure how SV will make the laddersystem for the Arena as they announced it, but this would only work if people cant interfer in the fights and manipulate them.
MO1 tried having Arena events with spectators (and a GM had to summon you in, at some point, if I recall correctly) and some of us ended up only ever seeing them in ghost mode, or not bothering to watch it, maybe seeing a video of it later.

You can have an armed and PvP-enabled crowd, or you can have spectators that didn't show up with the largest contingent of friends. You can't have both.

You can put on gladitorial games & award or be awarded fabulous prizes without huge asterisks * attached, or you can let people interfere with the combat.

I also assume you can allow PvP to figuratively flip the tables in gambling establishments, or you can accomplish having gambling games played to a conclusion. You can't have both of those, either.

And by 'you', I also mean Star Vault.

Mortal Events are not occasions where you just don't know if someone's going to try to interfere, cheat, or disrupt.
  • You know they will.
Theia could have told you this. The notorious female whose name escapes me (but she knows who she is) who 'won' a footrace on a technicality without actually running the whole way could tell you. Anyone can see it.