Are Multiple Accounts Supported

Strilan

May 28, 2020
Its a hassle for sure especially if you do not have any programs to run two steams. You literally have to log out of steam and log in on your second account to play two characters. Months ago, I tried to protest about this 1 character per account issue but the community seemed to be in support of it. So I eventually had to bit the bullet when my brother joined and I bought a second account to teach him.
Well I have another account that I use.

So I use a program to control the second account with little to no input lag, and then I can have 2 clients online at once.

I only REALLY need 2 to be online at any given time anyway. Helps with statting, crafting, etc.

Reactions: Serverus

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
I think SV made a mistake and missed an opportunity here. I've run multiple accounts in EVE and MO1, but you need the hardware for it, and as was said above, it eventually becomes a pain and a chore. SV will get some revenue from it, but I can't imagine it will be significant as I suspect only a small proportion of players will run extra accounts. Most will run the main character they want, and fill in the stuff they can't do from guild mates or the trade broker.

What SV could have done was allow 3 character slots on each account. You start with just one slot open, then buy the 2nd and 3rd at (let's say) $10 each. You also pay an extra $5 per month sub for each extra. That way, the hardcore players who really need to run multiple accounts simultaneously would still do so, but more casual players would be far more likely to spend some extra cash for the extra slots.