Are Multiple Accounts Supported

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Wondering how multiple accounts will work, since it's a steam account login. Do you need multiple steam accounts to dual box?

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Do you just log out one steam account and log the other in? Seems like a slight hassle.

Tried this yesterday, but logging out the first account closes the MO2 client. Could be a trick with virtual machines or some other special usage of steam.

@Strilan posted a screenshot two weeks ago, but I don't know yet how he did it:

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Use sanboxie if you want to run multiple accounts on 1 pc.

Hm, Sandboxie could work, yes, but I would wait for an official statement. StarVault disabled the usage of virtual machines some time after release In MO1.

But changing between two steam accounts on one PC is very simple: Just create a second user on the system and start the second steam account from a desktop shortcut like:
%windir%\system32\runas.exe /user:MySecondLocalAccount /savecred C:\SomePath\Steam.exe
This way doesn't allow to run two accounts at the same time on the same PC, but better than nothing.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Its funny they went with this whole 1 character per account thing, but people are going to have multiple accounts anyway and running them simultaneously. Kinda defeats the purpose...other than putting more money in Star Vaults pocket of course.

Trust me, I'm not ragging on anyone who does it. I'm probably going to do it myself again as well...but yeh. "Restrictions" like that only hurt people with potato PCs and lower income and make things more of a hassle for everyone.

I do wish the 1 character thing could realistically work. It would be more interesting for sure.

I'm surprised the community has been so calm about it tbh.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
Multi accounts was always the butter on SV's bread. And with just one slot its a guarantee that anyone who can afford it will run extras.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I do wish the 1 character thing could realistically work. It would be more interesting for sure.

It really could work, but not with 1200 primary points in the profession area. Any many player want to play different fighting styles e.g. a mage and something else, so two characters (or two accounts) are very useful.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Multi accounts was always the butter on SV's bread. And with just one slot its a guarantee that anyone who can afford it will run extras.

And you only get half the "chars" per subscription. You used to have 4 playstyles per sub, now only 2.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
And you only get half the "chars" per subscription. You used to have 4 playstyles per sub, now only 2.
The price is double if you want to have the same amount of abilities you had in MO1. Most people won't be able to run 2 accounts at once due to the games severe lack of optimization. So I think that will turn a lot of people away from buying an extra sub.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
I Like this game but would never buy another account. I don't have the time to grind two characters - plus I have other games I play regularly - and frankly multiple accounts turns an otherwise fun game into a chore for me. I did it in Eve Online years ago and it eventually became just another day job in addition to the actual job I have. I'd rather play for fun and just pay gold to other players for the things I need. Let them do the gathering and crafting. :)

kenvic1

Nov 16, 2020
I just bought 4 slots on an account and it was the wrong account, just want to know how to log of m2 account and log in on the other account , which i will use as one account, do i have to buy the game again with thats hotmail address.

kenvic1

Nov 16, 2020
Why is there no option to log out of one account, so as to log into another account.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Its a hassle for sure especially if you do not have any programs to run two steams. You literally have to log out of steam and log in on your second account to play two characters. Months ago, I tried to protest about this 1 character per account issue but the community seemed to be in support of it. So I eventually had to bite the bullet when my brother joined and I bought a second account to teach him.

Last edited: