Animation does not match the distance traveled

tntdogs

Mar 8, 2021
Hello, this is something that bothers me so much because IN MY OPINION (No offence to Henrik and the awesome team) it looks so silly.

Running animation must match the speed of the creature (creature, pet, mount)
When you mount a Wolf it looks ridiculous because the legs move way faster than the animal is moving, this also goes for several other animals.
When they run at certain speeds their legs either move really slowly but take the right amount of steps to travel forward, or they can move fast and not match the pace they are keeping.

To fix this maybe make their legs that the right amount of steps for the distance traveled, or maybe add more animations, for like. Walking, jogging, running, etc.

And also this is not required for me to be happy lol, but what I would love to see, is that there are more animations for most creatures in the game. Like wolves for example, it is most apparent when pets follows a player.

So when I see the pets running after their master, and the master manages to get away from the pet by a little bit and it tries to catch up, it can look like this when it tries to get back to him/her.
  • Pet makes, like boom a SNAPPING 45 degree turn INSTANTLY,
  • Pet runs forward little bit,
  • Pet makes INSTANT 45 degree turn again
  • Pet makes INSTANT 90 degree turn
  • Pet accelerates INSTANTLY to the required speed
  • Pet makes IMMEDIATE STOP, like from a 100 - 0.

Of course, this is something that might be hard to fix or even disputable if resources should be put into this.
But I think at least you should fix the animations to match the speed they are traveling which is what this post was actually about.

I would love to see more animations tho, for when they turn right maybe they don't snap to the right instantly, and instead make a little bit more slowing motion tilting their head etc, and then slowly turning to the right.

The animations and models are great, so I also wanna compliment everyone working on this. But would like to see more polish here.