An attempt to standardize political posturings

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
Enlightened Kingdom - balanced group that aims to hold a keep, has keep defense pacts with everyone, but will fight anyone in the open world even those it has a keep defense pact with. Likes PVP, but not asset destruction.

Fledgling - small or casual group living out of a guildhouse in the open world adjacent to a particular city; usually stays out of conflicts between kingdoms.

Mercenary - made up mostly of fighters with no allies or enemies. Accept pay to participate in military activities.

Scroacher - Loosely organized or casual group living out of a particular chosen city. Scroachers will often group up with other Scorachers of the same city. Scroachers can join wars without fear of asset destruction.

Standard Kingdom - balanced group that aims to hold a keep, has keep defense pacts with allies and does not fight allies in the open world.

Wild Kingdom - balanced group that aims to hold a keep, has no allies, fights everyone in the open world.

Clearly there will be variations on all of these

Thoughts on what to add? Perhaps examples of guilds with these posturings or any group who wants to declare their posture here?

• Wow
Reactions: Ibarruri

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Scroacher - Loosely organized or casual group living out of a particular chosen city. Scroachers will often group up with other Scorachers of the same city. Scroachers can join wars without fear of asset destruction.
People like that usually refer to themselves as "lone wolves" and not with a slang for an std.

Enlightened Kingdom - balanced group that aims to hold a keep, has keep defense pacts with everyone, but will fight anyone in the open world even those it has a keep defense pact with. Likes PVP, but not asset destruction.
These type of empires are usually called nutcup kingdoms.

Jan 23, 2021
What is the purpose for attempting to implement these classifications? Why not allow guilds to set their own? I can see you wanting to set them within your own organization for your own use, but any other use is questionable.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
How would you classify nomadic mercenary/gankers that aim to have a limited number of allies and certainly may end up with a few enemies? I'd argue no allies/enemies is too narrow a definition of mercenaries.

Especially when you say "mostly made up of fighters". That's true and that's why we need allies and expect enemies. Limited crafters means a few friendly groups to trade with is nearly essential. And fighters tend to... fight. Which makes you enemies.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Soothsayer

Nov 12, 2020
In what way are they nomadic? just move from city to city or have no stable foundation for assets

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
No keep. Houses spread around the map strategically. May have towns they frequent to trade and store goods, but little time spent in those towns or surrounding areas unless there's a good fight to be had there.

Our guild model is largely based on the Huns (Other than the fact we take contracts we make very seriously as our credibility is paramount to mercenary work). The Huns were known to make plenty of political dealings. And to work as mercenaries. And to just take what they want.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Someone will always put a label on you. Regardless of what you do
Exactly. Let them do it.

On average, half of them will be slightly to completely wrong, but your own statements won't change their minds or propaganda. Why, in fact, would anyone experienced in a game like this take a third party guild's word for what a group was like, when it's so easy to find out for yourself as to have it be inevitable? But maybe people never learn.

• Love
Reactions: Basil and Ibarruri

agui

May 31, 2020
Exactly. Let them do it.

On average, half of them will be slightly to completely wrong, but your own statements won't change their minds or propaganda. Why, in fact, would anyone experienced in a game like this take a third party guild's word for what a group was like, when it's so easy to find out for yourself as to have it be inevitable? But maybe people never learn.

I always loved your sentences that i never understood ... that mistery implied that you really saying something meaninfull at the same time i feel completly lost in your words amuses me.

Ty for your existence najagw i sbwjqja