American server needed

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
The game is unplayable with high latency because you get hit by players who aren't looking at you and are not even in range to hit you.

There is no point having one server if it means half the players are at massive disadvantages and have to endure janky broken gameplay.

It would be more fun and fair if we can play with lower ping and therefore adding an American server would help fix the problem.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well they will prob make the PvE server of sarducca that no PvPer is interested in the NA server sadly. Which means future servers will prob not be NA.

The only reason to have a NA server is for PvP reasons. Yet sarducca is a PvE map for mostly mounted PvE.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
You wouldn't have half the players on each server you'd have double the players. But it's a bit late now, the time for a NA server was the Queue.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I live in Australia and the lag is even worse here, if not the worst.

But ExitLag fixed my latency issues, now I see the arrows, spells and weapon swings coming exactly where I'd expect them on my screen.

SV has said they won't ever budge on the one server per continent design, so for people like me ExitLag is the next best thing.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
I live in Australia and the lag is even worse here, if not the worst.

But ExitLag fixed my latency issues, now I see the arrows, spells and weapon swings coming exactly where I'd expect them on my screen.

SV has said they won't ever budge on the one server per continent design, so for people like me ExitLag is the next best thing.
SV should just offer everyone Free Exit-Lag once subscription starts at this point as that is their half-ass solution as mentioned multiple time on their CEO-Streams.

People had investigated this before and since everyone is complaining about player population they should look towards centralizing the server to average out the Players Ping to the server, The conclusion came down that US-East would benefit everyone and max ping would be like around 240-250 for each player round the globe, Stats indicate that russians would get a little increase of ping from 150-200 however many other countries would benefit and would be around the same ping mark as russia.

SV claims their Ping normalization works flawlessly for anyone around the 200-260 ping limit and anything higher is when their solution has issues so why not do the smart thing and centralize the server to solidify their argument?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I get hit through parries with 300 ping, its not playable and makes the game pointless to play because parrying is essential to the game.

300 ping is obnoxiously bad. It's not your fault. I'm just saying if you ping at 300, that's some ????????? level stuff. That's like playing shareplay gaming ahaha.

Lucky me, other than stupid spiky lagz, I do OK. Some people can hit me from far away but it only takes one strike to figure that out. It's not like I can't see their swing anymore. You guys should make sure your frames are right, too. I know it sounds rudimentary like "is it plugged in?" but in MO1 I got bodied all the time cuz my shit would bottom out in a lot of duels cuz my settings were too high.

Play 1080 LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW OFF OFF. I don't have like a 3080ti like some of you doods, but my cpu is def good enough to run a game. It's just MO that doesn't run right. It doesn't look BAD at low low (more that it actually does look GOOD at decent settings, but to fight... nah.)

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I get hit through parries with 300 ping, its not playable and makes the game pointless to play because parrying is essential to the game.
i get hit through parries with 230ms, its impossible to parry certain mobs, strangely i feel pvp better than pve. But thats probably maybe cuz i've learned to predict 230ms into the future. But yeah that ping normalization bullshit is a lie, they should make multiple servers or move the main to central america, fuck north americans.

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
bump

I can't even use footwork because the latency makes it so when I stand behind someone on my screen, actually they are behind me on their screen. So it isn't even possible to try and hide what direction I am going to hit from and the combat just becomes a guessing game in addition to having way less time to parry attacks.

Vaith

May 28, 2020

Stop making these threads already, thanks.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Not just a NA server one on every continent. Playing with people from other places is novel but you know what else is? A nice juicy 70 ping. Right now Im looking at 300-400ms with exit lag running. Sometimes it gets down to maybe 150-250.

Concerns that the population would be split don't factor in that people would flock to realistic ping. I could probably list this under "Why people quit" but its not really quitting its just not being able to play.

It's not as if AAA studios like Fornite has some magical technology that Starvault dosen't have the server is just local.

AlexanderDeLarge

Oct 11, 2021
I've written about this pretty extensively on the Steam forums but I'd argue even if they insist on having a single server, it should be placed somewhere in the US. They could place the single server in Chicago and it's literally nothing compared to what we're dealing with now and hardly impact the European audience. Not to mention it'd make the game far more playable for anyone in NZ/AUS.
London->Chicago 83ms (normalized to 100ms)
Frankfurt->Chicago 98ms (normalized to 100ms)
Paris->Chicago 92ms (normalized to 100ms)
Rome->Chicago 110ms (+10ms)
Stockholm->Chicago 113ms (+13ms)
St Petersburg->Chicago 133ms (+33ms)
Warsaw->Chicago 119ms (+19ms)

Alternatively Denver, Colorado.
Auckland NZ-> Denver - 159ms (+59ms)
Paris->Denver - 114ms (+14ms)
Stockholm->Denver - 134ms (+34ms)
I'm located in the continental US and I'm getting 178ms meaning someone in New Zealand could be getting -19ms what I'm getting as an American. Why the hell are we even discussing this still?

This is a swedish game and the server if anywhere should be moved to Sweden.
And artificially raise the latency for the majority of their audience even greater than it already is? You could get it damn near close to the normalized 100ms for everybody by simply moving it over here. It's simply what makes the most sense for a global English-centric player population. The facts are on my side of the argument but if you want to go all Swedish nationalist on us, go nuts.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaptorBlackz