Add a second spear stance, to use the spear with both hands, if you not have a shield equipped, to be able to make an overhead attack

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think the spear should do slightly more damage and get an overhead attack, if the spear is used without a shield. In this case you should hold the spear with both hands.

Take this chivalery video as an excemple of the naimation.

I also would like to see stance switches, for long weapons, to grap them short (half grap), to not get handle hits that easy, if your opponents
tend to run close to you, so you only get handle hits.

The stance switch is very well done in Mordhau.

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I also think that every weapon class should get a weapon, which which you are able to dismount a player, or every weapon should be able to dismount a player, if he uses a mount such as a Likator, that can climb up steep mountains, so you are save as foot fighter from mounted combat groups, if you climb up a mountain.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
that could be done after they fixed the similar looking stab and right swing animations for the 2H spear. this is the only reason why the 2h spear is kinda OP when used properly.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Yeah we all know. And my penis consists of 100% muscle mass
and my ballsac is more resistent as Fullgrain Leather.
Better write something about the topic, instead of writing nonsense.

Leather

Attachments

• 1612106772746.png
    1612106772746.png
    312 bytes · Views: 3

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I kind of hope it isn't even possible to use spear/shield as an effective counter to mounts. I'd really like to see that restricted to the realm of two-handed polearms as spear/shield is already incredibly effective in a lot of infantry vs. infantry situations, while polearms are underperforming weapons which means making them counters to mounted builds would actually balance them while adding a mounted counter onto spear/shield would make it the "Run this or you're an idiot" setup for melee fighters.

I mean you could nerf spear/shield too but I find it's infantry vs. infantry use one of the most fun things in the existing melee system. I'd prefer it to just remain an anti-infantry setup unless some kind of longspear that is way worse against infantry gets added. I like the idea of making it the existing polearms though so that you don't get a great anti-infantry and anti-cav setup for 100 primary points into spears.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Spears should have an advantage if used without a shield to reduce the ammount of shields that are used in huge battles.