Adapting the keycard mechanic for hotspots / Land towers

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Some games have a similar system to what I'm suggesting which is where I got the idea. I believe this is a good system to bring people out and create consistent hotspots.

You can have tiers of specific keys that drop from different monsters/chests whatever.

Shit sewer bosses drop low level keys. Higher tier monsters like risar chieftain and mino king drop higher level keys.

The keys are used to open specific rooms in specific locations. The higher level keys should preferably open rooms deep inside dungeons like necro dungeon, mino dungeon, risar dungeon etc. Theres several ways one could go about implementing the room mechanic. You could start a timer when somebody uses a key on a room door. Lets say like 10 to 15 minutes. Some giant flare gets shot up into the sky to notify people that somebody is opening a room. Whatever kind of roleplay implementation suits the game best. The time delay to open the rooms gives other people time to notice the signal and start heading towards the specific room.

Rooms can then drop good loot to make it worth doing, and also drop a higher level key to a higher level room than the one opened etc.

There are tons of great game mechanics and systems in other games that can easily be implemented into mortal.

Another good one is darkfall sea towers. Turn that shit into land towers in MO2. Weekly or monthly thing. A massive land tower or whatever that opens once every month. A group has to do objectives or just hold the area (be interacting with something when timer runs out) to receive massive loot if succesful. If this is a monthly thing it will be a massive thing that every guild in the game partakes in. Unlike dogshit content that anyone with a brain keeps pointing out will last only 2 weeks tops (necro dungeon) where the devs waste months of dev time creating a single dungeon that nobody gives a fuck about after 2 weeks, we can have something that brings content every single month into the infinite future.

I should start getting paid for these ideas.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
They should make the existing POI actually worth the horse feed to visit first.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Some games have a similar system to what I'm suggesting which is where I got the idea. I believe this is a good system to bring people out and create consistent hotspots.

You can have tiers of specific keys that drop from different monsters/chests whatever.

Shit sewer bosses drop low level keys. Higher tier monsters like risar chieftain and mino king drop higher level keys.

The keys are used to open specific rooms in specific locations. The higher level keys should preferably open rooms deep inside dungeons like necro dungeon, mino dungeon, risar dungeon etc. Theres several ways one could go about implementing the room mechanic. You could start a timer when somebody uses a key on a room door. Lets say like 10 to 15 minutes. Some giant flare gets shot up into the sky to notify people that somebody is opening a room. Whatever kind of roleplay implementation suits the game best. The time delay to open the rooms gives other people time to notice the signal and start heading towards the specific room.

Rooms can then drop good loot to make it worth doing, and also drop a higher level key to a higher level room than the one opened etc.

There are tons of great game mechanics and systems in other games that can easily be implemented into mortal.

Another good one is darkfall sea towers. Turn that shit into land towers in MO2. Weekly or monthly thing. A massive land tower or whatever that opens once every month. A group has to do objectives or just hold the area (be interacting with something when timer runs out) to receive massive loot if succesful. If this is a monthly thing it will be a massive thing that every guild in the game partakes in. Unlike dogshit content that anyone with a brain keeps pointing out will last only 2 weeks tops (necro dungeon) where the devs waste months of dev time creating a single dungeon that nobody gives a fuck about after 2 weeks, we can have something that brings content every single month into the infinite future.

I should start getting paid for these ideas.

I think Albion did well with implementing those Gates in the 25 + Players Raid dungeons.
You had to destroy the barrier with the group and the group had to be big enough as it regenerated life. This prevented 1-2 players from attacking and looting the group from behind in the boss fight. There were many bosses and the party in the dungeon was warned when such a gate was destroyed in order to prepare for the upcoming battle. It would also be possible to separate parts of the dungeon with keys. Then a group can't just log in and gank the front group from behind if they don't have a key and opening the door could be very noisy like in Necro Dungeon.

Furthermore some dungeons need a second exit and i would liek to see a dungeon hotspot mechanic, like explained in this thread under Point 2.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Even just getting more frequent keys dropping from high level mobs would be good enough.

The drop rate for keys is insanely low. I get it that when lock picking is introduced in the game thats what those chests are meant for, but as the game is today the key drop is way way too rare.

Last edited: