A tungsteel handel should have much more durability as steel. Only 20 more then steel is a joke, compared how expencive tungsteel is.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
All said in the Titel. Tungsteel is much harder to get. I want sell legendary swords and 198 dura is not very much, if you invest a high end material for the handel.

20210912223418_1.jpg

I think a tungsteel handel should nearly have twice the dura, because you could craft 2 tungsteel swords with 175 Dura from it, instead one for 198 Dura using twice the ammount of tungsteel.

I can understand that SV not wanna nerf crafters, but who is using tungsteel in a handel. That would only be 0.1 % of the players. I want a traing sword with high dura, that can be used for a lot of duels.

i also think that bron handel and Cuprum blade or jadeite blade could have more dura then 90, so you can craft some cheep trainign swords.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Just because something is more expensive/harder to get doesn't mean it should excel in every way possible. Can tungsteel hold a sharper edge and have a better heft than steel? Sure. but it doesn't mean it should be greatly more durable as well.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Two things to keep in mind, firstly Tungsteel is a harder material than steel and loses its durability slower than a steel weapon when hitting the same target, so a small boost in raw durability is not the only improvement here.

Secondly, if you're using the Mortal Data workbench for those calculations they might be wrong due to steel being changed a couple patches ago.

I also believe the material cost for sword hilts might be a bit too high right now. Meaning it should only take a small amount of material to make the guard and not close to the same cost as the blade eventually.

Reactions: ROTLUST

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Just because something is more expensive/harder to get doesn't mean it should excel in every way possible. Can tungsteel hold a sharper edge and have a better heft than steel? Sure. but it doesn't mean it should be greatly more durable as well.

I talk about handel durability ! The blade durability is fine.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Two things to keep in mind, firstly Tungsteel is a harder material than steel and loses its durability slower than a steel weapon when hitting the same target, so a small boost in raw durability is not the only improvement here.

Secondly, if you're using the Mortal Data workbench for those calculations they might be wrong due to steel being changed a couple patches ago.

I also believe the material cost for sword hilts might be a bit too high right now. Meaning it should only take a small amount of material to make the guard and not close to the same cost as the blade eventually.

I cafted tungsteel Katanas just yesterday.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
then put steel in the handle. it safes you tung.
if you buff it, you are basically forced to craft a tung handle and the low overall dura has balancing reasons.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
then put steel in the handle. it safes you tung.
if you buff it, you are basically forced to craft a tung handle and the low overall dura has balancing reasons.

As you see I already use Steel in the Handel and i would like to use Tungsteel in the handel to increase durability but it is not worth it.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
As you see I already use Steel in the Handel and i would like to use Tungsteel in the handel to increase durability but it is not worth it.
That's not a mistake. Tungsteel is heavier, and has a higher hardness rating compared to steel. Tungsteel also has a higher sharpness rating than steel. It is ideal for making a honed edge for a blade. It is not ideal as a handle material. Try something else. You'd save on weight using wood or other materials for a grip anyway.

Reactions: Najwalaylah