A portion of the broker tax should be moved to on fill instead of order creation

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Right now, it is, I believe, 5% to place a sell order (I assume buy order is the same).

I think this should change to be 1% to place the order, and additional 4% from when the order sells. Or hell, even higher on the sale would be fine. The cost of placing orders is too high, especially on higher value items that you aren't sure of the value.

I, and others I've talked to, hate when you want to sell things, don't know what price the market will bear in your location, and then have to cancel the order and lose 5% on it. That is just simply way too high, especially if you want to try to populate an underpopulated market.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Would be nice but the cost is there to prevent people from using the broker as storage or spamming the broker.

People would put items on the broker to store and bypass inventory space by listing them for large amounts of gold

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Would be nice but the cost is there to prevent people from using the broker as storage or spamming the broker.

People would put items on the broker to store and bypass inventory space by listing them for large amounts of gold

Oh interesting, I hadn't considered the abuse angle!

iiell

Jan 27, 2022

This is sort of true, but you can just store them in your outbox mail as well by sending to a trusted friend or alt.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Oh interesting, I hadn't considered the abuse angle!
Sadly in games like this virtually everything is heavily abused lol. I still liek your suggestion tho. They could find other ways to stop people from abusing it. And a 1-2% tax would still add up, especially when people are listing things high so they dont sell.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yeah I dont really care if its "abuses" but the mechanic is there to limit the ammount of stuff being put up on the broker.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
this has been brought up before, there should be a small deposit you make when listing an item. if it sells, you pay the tax and get the deposit back. if it doesn't sell, you lose the deposit. The idea (in my mind) is to make the barrier to selling as low as possible so more people are willing to use teh broker.

using the broker as extra bank space is silly since you can hold something like 800 items in your bank vs 20? in the broker. if you get management i think you can list 40 items. either way its at most 5% of the items you can hold in your bank. I would happily expand the number of listings you can make since it can only help with trade, and the 'exploit' of extra bank space seems minimal.

-barcode