It's Been Fun But This Game Will Die Soon

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020

Price is 1.28 cents per share. There are 6.741Million shares outstanding.

0.0128 x 6741000 = $91,404.80

Of course if you did start mass buying up shares it would drive the prices back up. But think about that for a second. At current stock price the company is worth less than 100k$. You don't even have to be rich to afford that.

This means:

A. Henrik does not have 100k$ to buy his company back and take it private again.
B. Henrik does not think his company is worth 100k$

It's been fun guys. This game is going to die. If SV isn't doing a mass stock buyback now they're either broke or have no faith in their own game, and either way, that means it won't be around much longer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I do not really know how SV have arranged themselves, I would expect that Henrik own a controlling amount of shares? I certainly hope so.
If he does, and the subs can finance development, SV does not have a real problem here, do they?

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I do not really know how SV have arranged themselves, I would expect that Henrik own a controlling amount of shares? I certainly hope so.
If he does, and the subs can finance development, SV does not have a real problem here, do they?

I'm more so looking at this from the perspective of an investor. I've been relatively successful at trading since I started in 2020 and what I do is play people's overreactions. When there is a good solid stock with positive long-term outlooks and something happen that tanks the price a bit but I still think longterm projections look solid, I start buying.

From a pure investment standpoint, a dive from 17.5 cents a share in late January to 1.23 cents a share in late May would have me buying up boatloads of the stock IF I believed in the longterm viability of the company. The fact there has been a 93% drop in share value in a 4 month timespan tells you... nobody believes in the longterm viability of StarVault. Not even StarVault themselves.

I can tell you the approximate price of any stock I care much about on any day. If a stock I'm invested in drops more than 5% I freaking know. And usually I start buying when it happens. StarVault knows how low their shares are. They know their company is worth less than 100k. But nobody in the office has used personal funds to buy up enough shares the price recovers a bit? That tells you they agree with the price.

• Haha

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Cute but you have the wrong numbers there.
There are total of 325,492,079 shares.
The market cap with todays stock price is currently 67,702,352 SEK... Which is around 6 850 584,35 USD ..
Also Henrik has 16,749,999 shares which is 5 % of the company, and around 2 milion of those are A stock which gives 10x the votes.
14215CA9-1F24-40EE-90F8-49A3E77F76B6.jpegE0959F88-37BB-4106-BD20-6529D126B3FE.jpeg

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Ah. You're correct I use a different trading platform than Yahoo usually. I'd still be very concerned about the 93% drop unless SV issues a buyback immediately. I've never seen a stock I'm invested in drop 93% or even close to it. If the company doesn't feel it's so undervalued that it buys back much of its own stock then I think players should be questioning how much of their time they are willing to invest.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think at the current price they must be worth a small investment you could afford to lose. Certainly the game is near rock bottom in terms of interest and players but it could well come back with the right moves on SV part. Henkrik did state that he would be buying more shares and recommended a purchase on a stream.

Oh for sure. If SV is going to survive now is a good time to buy. I'm personally not going to. Because I think that IF is looking very questionable at this point. They do have a good general premise to this game and I think in the right hands it could still be very successful. The issue is they're making consistently bad decisions.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Pro stock trading tip: Never buy stocks that are down thinking they will go back up. You have a much higher chance making money by buying a stock that just went up a lot. Personally can't really see the game becoming more popular unless they surprise us and go for a free-2-play model or something maybe that would being some new blood in. But yeah probably going to settle around 200-400 players. Main problem being there still is nothing notable to do in the game like sieges or etc that keep people interested. They honestly shouldn't have launched without sieging but w/e

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Idk, would SV stock give me a chance to meet Henrik and Seb face to face? If If so, I'd buy stock just for the opportunity to bear their children.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
SV stock lost value all the way through MO1. I believe it went as low as single digit pennies at one point. At least thats what i remember reading in some threads in the old forums.

The game development never changed and SV or Henrik didn’t seem to care one bit. It will be the same again. Henrik doesn't give a crap if the game makes money. He is just hell bent on making the game he wants, and thats it. Doesn't care if you or me or 99% of the people that play it don’t like it. He just does what he wants.

Its always been like this, and i don't see it changing anytime soon.
While in some ways its admirable to see him stubbornly strive for such an ambitious and (at least on paper) amazing sounding game, he has never managed to deliver quality. Just lots of hype and promises, which eventually become lies when he cant deliver. And yet he cant stop the blathering.

Server capacity being a perfect example of his absurd thinking. He blatantly insinuated that the new map could handle 100k players. Everyone told him that was insanity and simply impossible, and yet he blabbed away. His perception of reality is completely detached from reason. And when reality did hit, as it always does, everyone was very pissed off that it wasn't even 5% of what he promised.

With this kind of track record invest at your own peril.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Its always been like this, and i don't see it changing anytime soon.
While in some ways its admirable to see him stubbornly strive for such an ambitious and (at least on paper) amazing sounding game, he has never managed to deliver quality. Just lots of hype and promises, which eventually become lies when he cant deliver. And yet he cant stop the blathering.

Server capacity being a perfect example of his absurd thinking. He blatantly insinuated that the new map could handle 100k players. Everyone told him that was insanity and simply impossible, and yet he blabbed away. His perception of reality is completely detached from reason. And when reality did hit, as it always does, everyone was very pissed off that it wasn't even 5% of what he promised.
yet this poor quality is more fun than 99% of crap out there ...
As for server capacity, why do you still cling to this stupid lie of 100k players simultaneously on myrland?
I was there, and i perfectly understood it was 100K for myrland + all haven instances ... as he was talking about the impact of release.
It doesn't change the fact that myrland couldn't manage 3k tho. But this 100k crap is sad when you still hear it 4 months after release ...

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
As long as this game can keep 500+ players active at any time I will be playing.

I don't care so much about large player counts/base but I do care about the community of those playing and the politics that are created from the community.

Of course I am eagerly awaiting the new content when it drops like territory control, sieging, and other continents.

The only thing that worries me is that the political situation of the game might kill it faster. I will specifically call out mega alliances like KotO that have absorbed huge numbers of players and have become the biggest "zerg" guild in the game. Somehow despite this, they are seen as good guys against a fight of their enemies who are not zerg based guilds and play in much smaller scales.

A guild like if not contained will ruin the PvP and essentially end the rule of other zones by other guilds.

I can give them some respect but at the same time I think their style of play can get quite cancerous for the health of the game overall.

KotO could "win" by using numbers to take probably every castle if they keep it up. Is a totally peaceful Myrland in the future due to this?

Makalis

Mar 24, 2021
As long as this game can keep 500+ players active at any time I will be playing.

I don't care so much about large player counts/base but I do care about the community of those playing and the politics that are created from the community.

Of course I am eagerly awaiting the new content when it drops like territory control, sieging, and other continents.

The only thing that worries me is that the political situation of the game might kill it faster. I will specifically call out mega alliances like KotO that have absorbed huge numbers of players and have become the biggest "zerg" guild in the game. Somehow despite this, they are seen as good guys against a fight of their enemies who are not zerg based guilds and play in much smaller scales.

A guild like if not contained will ruin the PvP and essentially end the rule of other zones by other guilds.

I can give them some respect but at the same time I think their style of play can get quite cancerous for the health of the game overall.

KotO could "win" by using numbers to take probably every castle if they keep it up. Is a totally peaceful Myrland in the future due to this?
I dont think so. Theres no reason to be such a big group atm, its not fun at all. But when sieging / tc or any sort of map objetctive comes to this game, you will see a lot of small/medium guilds grouping up to be stronger and competitive.

My time zone is allready close to 600 players simultaneously. Its not enough for this big of a map, plus numbers are dropping down so much faster now.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum

I've been saying for about a month now, at the rate the playerbase is dropping off, due to the bad changes and balance decisions on top of the backwards priority ladder for system/content implementation - The game will be nothing but KOTO and their Meduli/Southern coalition left in the game. Who will they fight? Each other? Probably not.

Like all guilds though, KOTO has dropped a lot of member activity, but due to their share open recruitment policy feeding them numbers, it hasn't affected them as much, compared to other guilds and alliances in the game, which are basically non-existent or hibernating.

The PvP has been ruined for months already by the zergy nature the game influences, and is getting worse as the population gets smaller.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
yet this poor quality is more fun than 99% of crap out there ...
As for server capacity, why do you still cling to this stupid lie of 100k players simultaneously on myrland?
I was there, and i perfectly understood it was 100K for myrland + all haven instances ... as he was talking about the impact of release.
It doesn't change the fact that myrland couldn't manage 3k tho. But this 100k crap is sad when you still hear it 4 months after release ...
IDK if its more fun than 99% of other games, seeing how fast the pop is going down and how much it dropped from launch. If it was everyone wouldnt have left.

Also was Haven supposed to be 99k of the 100k? Myland can barely hold 1k. If the 100k number includes haven or not is irrelevant at that point, because its still so incredibly far off.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Can't wait for 600km2 Sarducca with 800 concurrent players. 1000Km2 landmass total, 1.25km2 per player. Going to be 10/10 gaming experience.
I can't wait to immerse myself with the hyper realistic experience of walking for several hours to get to the next town.

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
Calm your tits guys, lmao.

I'm operating under the assumption that players will return with the major TC updates and sieging and then population would be healthy for later continent additions :cautious:

• Haha

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Like all guilds though, KOTO has dropped a lot of member activity, but due to their share open recruitment policy feeding them numbers, it hasn't affected them as much, compared to other guilds and alliances in the game, which are basically non-existent or hibernating.

The ARPK alliance in MK is actually a rising power right now. The thing is, I wouldn't even say they are growing. Just growing a bit more connected and retaining members at a higher rate than other alliances. People underestimate them but they absolutely thrashed AC and their allies out of the area and basically the game.

Personally, based on the state of this game I already feel those guilds should preserve their members and find a new game. But Dagasi is intent on leading her guild and alliance here so long as there are enough people left for her to keep having fun.

I'm predicting peak numbers on a Saturday will dip below 500 by the end of the summer. We lost 43% of peak Saturday activity between last Saturday and the one that came about a month before. I think those rates of falling may slow down a bit but not by enough to throw off my prediction. Wouldn't even be surprised to see it happen sooner than late August, I'm just very confident it will happen by then.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'm operating under the assumption that players will return with the major TC updates and sieging and then population would be healthy for later continent additions :cautious:

I think if they do something awesome with sieging you may be right. At least, it would stabilize the bleed and reclaim notable numbers for awhile. I'm thinking if they implement a half-assed system that lets mega zergs decide the outcome of every siege fight everywhere on the map and knock people's stuff down while they are offline, sieging will see a brief uptick followed by a spectacular crash and leave the game dead.

It's SV, so my money is on them half-assing it and doing further harm to the game. Probably doing whatever KOTO says they should do on Henrik's Twitch chat while all the NA players are off working. That seems to be the extent of SV listening to community feedback that actually takes place.