Multy clients

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
This is, indeed, gone with the the addition of Easy Anti-Cheat. The only solution at this point would be to have a stand alone client. The game is far less appealing to me being locked to one account, and will ultimately lead to me becoming bored with and quitting the game (as a full time crafter). Congrats to everyone who wanted 1 character per player, you've won the fight and will ultimately cause revenue loss for SV.

• Haha
Reactions: StreamerLord

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This is, indeed, gone with the the addition of Easy Anti-Cheat. The only solution at this point would be to have a stand alone client. The game is far less appealing to me being locked to one account, and will ultimately lead to me becoming bored with and quitting the game (as a full time crafter). Congrats to everyone who wanted 1 character per player, you've won the fight and will ultimately cause revenue loss for SV.
You should only have to run a VM. Sandboxy wont work. You should still be able to switch steam accounts just cant play at the same time. Its sort of like having two characters on the same account.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
You should only have to run a VM. Sandboxy wont work. You should still be able to switch steam accounts just cant play at the same time. Its sort of like having two characters on the same account.
When SV says " We get you a good game with one character!" i think they made a good system with chance to make a character with 2-3 MO1 skills. Now i get a broken shit. I want MC, foot figther with swimming and some archery. I want a mining\chopping/extract all materials (without Kimurite and Ogh), make a pots and butchery stuff.
My openion - SV find a easy way to chk population and cheaters\deployers, but broke the all logic of game.
In the end, in old time i can load a min 4 clients and being happy with that, cuz can being a foot fihter after diead in MC combat, and mining in same times. I can pay for it, i can buy it, but now its like in Russia (democracy in constitution, but it's a totalitarian )

Reactions: Xunila

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
Hello yall, glad to see some of the old fellas talking about new mechanics. I've been trying the game for a while already and seen a few times discussions about characters and accounts in helpchat.

Even tho, many of the people here already mentioned good points about the discussion i'd like to mention a few more.

First of all.

Henrik's vision about economy:

This is key to understand how economy worked in MO1 and how its intended to work in MO2.

By limiting the number of crafting classes each player (per account) can do, creates the need for players to interact and associate in a economic group, call it a guild.
This need to gather, produce, craft and trade is one of the very elemental pillars in this game.

Now, in MO1 the caracter/account design crippled the very same principle about player interaction (the roles in economy). So, giving players the ability to access multiple characters made them more self-sufficient narrowing the spectrum of the overall interaction.

Now in MO2 you don't have several chars per accounts, but anyone can just buy more accounts. More accounts translate to more advantage and the lack of need to interact with other gamestyles.

The advantage of having multiple accounts not only breaks the economy concept fundation which mortal has been built on, it also generates disadvantage in the players that don't have multiple accounts.
When the game gets somewhat competitive, by TC or any type of PVE contest, having multiple accounts will make the difference as it is already doing now.
These problems could only be balanced if all players had the same limitations (NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY PAY).

Many people will deny it, but the current account model for MO2 is plain and simple pay to win by definition a game that will take your money to give you advantage over other players.

I know lots of new and old players would like to experience a competitive aspect of the game at some point, as MO allways encouraged. I don't see how anyone would like to hardware/account crutch so bad.

And, if you ask me, this account system that contradicts the very architecture of the game will eventually kill it. Its not niche, its pay to win.

Not to mention that if you have one account and want to reroll you lose all material progress haha, i don't want to say it but its some maquiavelo moneygrab strategy.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think the issue here is that people are not able to experience more then a small slice of the games combat. At least for me.

It goes beyond just making sure you cant be the do everything fighter. Its a mistake to force people to play a narrow build for PvP/E when their is so much diversity. People will still have to log out to change characters so it not like they can just counter everything.

You can even make the professions tied to accounts. Maybe have less profession skills and instead like half of your profession states are tied into the account.

I understand the economy, right now the profession skill system is really bad. With the revamp lowering the needed points to 70 I think that will really help and maybe solve alot of profession skill issues.

Economy will be alot better but the game will have a huge lack of content when you are forced to play only MC and then secondary somthing else. Or a archer and have almost not other combat skills. Really need to allow people to play different play styles or it only hurts the game.

Reactions: Vergil

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I disagree with the statement that SV is making design choices in this iteration of the game to try and make it "Pay to Win".

They want their players to be able to enjoy their game on 1 account, Henrik has stated that multiple times. They also want your name and reputation to matter instead of people being able to essentially "hide" behind an army of Alts, or to be completely self-sufficient and completely separated from the world economy.

MO is a game of supposed "meaningful" choices and paths, that's how it's been designed from its core. What they are trying to accomplish is marrying all of these concepts and ideas together as best they can.

You can tell they're trying to do this by the changes that have been made between games. They've been trying to make all clades viable now for both combat and crafting roles, so that there isn't a disqualifying choice. They've adjusted speed curves, attribute caps, skill pt caps, and clade gifts to try and do this.

They've also made your 1 character capable of doing more than just 1 thing now, and with future adjustments that are coming to crafting, 1 character can pickup in part or whole 2-3 trades to interact in the economy with. If they were trying to persuade everyone to just buy more accounts they would have left the same limitations on characters as in MO1, but they didn't do that, and they're continuing to tweak things to try and make this marriage work.

The real problem lies in the fact that whatever they choose to do, there is some portion of the player base that will be unhappy with it, more so now than ever because most players now just want what they want, they disregard the developers core design and "vision" or whatever and cry and complain when their own personal feature list isn't implemented. I'm guilty of the same thing sometimes, but personally I'd like to see SV implement their version of MO2, the one we never really got to play, and let the chips fall where they may. If it's good we'll play it, if it's not, we won't.

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
I disagree with the statement that SV is making design choices in this iteration of the game to try and make it "Pay to Win".

They want their players to be able to enjoy their game on 1 account, Henrik has stated that multiple times. They also want your name and reputation to matter instead of people being able to essentially "hide" behind an army of Alts, or to be completely self-sufficient and completely separated from the world economy.

MO is a game of supposed "meaningful" choices and paths, that's how it's been designed from its core. What they are trying to accomplish is marrying all of these concepts and ideas together as best they can.

You can tell they're trying to do this by the changes that have been made between games. They've been trying to make all clades viable now for both combat and crafting roles, so that there isn't a disqualifying choice. They've adjusted speed curves, attribute caps, skill pt caps, and clade gifts to try and do this.

They've also made your 1 character capable of doing more than just 1 thing now, and with future adjustments that are coming to crafting, 1 character can pickup in part or whole 2-3 trades to interact in the economy with. If they were trying to persuade everyone to just buy more accounts they would have left the same limitations on characters as in MO1, but they didn't do that, and they're continuing to tweak things to try and make this marriage work.

The real problem lies in the fact that whatever they choose to do, there is some portion of the player base that will be unhappy with it, more so now than ever because most players now just want what they want, they disregard the developers core design and "vision" or whatever and cry and complain when their own personal feature list isn't implemented. I'm guilty of the same thing sometimes, but personally I'd like to see SV implement their version of MO2, the one we never really got to play, and let the chips fall where they may. If it's good we'll play it, if it's not, we won't.

Well Henrik has promised a lot of things, how and when they deliver is the real thing here. We can debate how its planned to be but we can't know till its changed. Crafting ain't more versatile than mo1, its the exact same copy but now you can fit a fighter and a crafter in one character, which is an improvement but it lacks a twist, lacks meaning and trayectory.

If at this point they haven't figured out such a basic key part of the game i gotta say it doesn't give me much hope.

We know most players try to push for their personal playstyle and its understandable, what we are discussing in this thread its the course the game is taking by not addressing the elemental design flaws it already has, and theres no place for the excuse that the game is in alpha. That was MO1 excuse and look how it ended.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Well Henrik has promised a lot of things, how and when they deliver is the real thing here. We can debate how its planned to be but we can't know till its changed. Crafting ain't more versatile than mo1, its the exact same copy but now you can fit a fighter and a crafter in one character, which is an improvement but it lacks a twist, lacks meaning and trayectory.

If at this point they haven't figured out such a basic key part of the game i gotta say it doesn't give me much hope.

We know most players try to push for their personal playstyle and its understandable, what we are discussing in this thread its the course the game is taking by not addressing the elemental design flaws it already has, and theres no place for the excuse that the game is in alpha. That was MO1 excuse and look how it ended.
Crafting actually is being made more versatile, maybe you are unaware, but in the next patch or the one after, you will only need to skill a crafting skill like armor or weapon crafting to 70 to get the stats we get now at 100, but skilling from 70-100 will increase durability and at 100 you can do some cosmetic junk or engrave your name on the weapon or armor piece.

I'm not trying to be an SV apologist tho, I'm as critical as anybody, I just disagree that SV intention is to force us to buy more clients and sub multiple accounts, because they've been actively trying to make 1 character/ account work.

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
Crafting actually is being made more versatile, maybe you are unaware, but in the next patch or the one after, you will only need to skill a crafting skill like armor or weapon crafting to 70 to get the stats we get now at 100, but skilling from 70-100 will increase durability and at 100 you can do some cosmetic junk or engrave your name on the weapon or armor piece.

I'm not trying to be an SV apologist tho, I'm as critical as anybody, I just disagree that SV intention is to force us to buy more clients and sub multiple accounts, because they've been actively trying to make 1 character/ account work.

Well i'd have to see the patch to assess it. But for the sake of argument, reducing 30 skill points from lets say 5 skills from armor/weapon crafting will give you 150 points, thats stretching a little bit by saying its going to make crafting more versatile, at expense of not getting the meta dura on weapons/armor, and by not having the meta dura you are basically wasting materials.

So, if thats actually the case it would really disappoint me to see such a poor missguided attempt to balance something that requires a little more design.

But theres no point on discussing what and how is going to be implemented specially if they are not aware of such discussion. I rather wait and see the outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiaVonArf

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well i'd have to see the patch to assess it. But for the sake of argument, reducing 30 skill points from lets say 5 skills from armor/weapon crafting will give you 150 points, thats stretching a little bit by saying its going to make crafting more versatile, at expense of not getting the meta dura on weapons/armor, and by not having the meta dura you are basically wasting materials.

So, if thats actually the case it would really disappoint me to see such a poor missguided attempt to balance something that requires a little more design.

But theres no point on discussing what and how is going to be implemented specially if they are not aware such discussion. I rather wait and see the outcome.
It will help a lot. For bows its the same 150 points back but I would have to put it into crafting instead of the quality of life skills or the extra stuff thats for fun. It only opens up a bit the progression system.

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
It will help a lot. For bows its the same 150 points back but I would have to put it into crafting instead of the quality of life skills or the extra stuff thats for fun. It only opens up a bit the progression system.
150 points at expense of grinding time is by far the worst tradeoff i could expect in crafting, and it would really disappoint me :p
150 points is not really that much quality of life improvement...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
150 points at expense of grinding time is by far the worst tradeoff i could expect in crafting, and it would really disappoint me :p
And, 150 points is not really that much quality of life improvement...
Yeah, Maybe they should have a third set of skill points with a limit for QoL and extra stuff. This one can be limited.

There is so much to experience in this game but we are limited by skill points for the economy and for the balance. I think maybe semi shared skill family system could be the viable way around this stuff but it would be complicated.

Reactions: Albano Dravae

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
There's a good amount that it opens up actually build-wise, but if you don't want to crunch the numbers and see for yourself, or even consider that it is actually a meaningful change, and act like I'm trying to blow smoke up your ass, I'm not gonna spend the time to explain it to you either.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
The multi clients kept me interested in mo.. there was always something I could do while ghosting back or traveling somewhere or just having three extractors or miners going at the same time really just to keep me self reliant and profitable. (when i was) with just one client and account I would get bored of mo in a month. Theres not enough action and way way to much time spent traveling and gearing.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
There's a good amount that it opens up actually build-wise, but if you don't want to crunch the numbers and see for yourself, or even consider that it is actually a meaningful change, and act like I'm trying to blow smoke up your ass, I'm not gonna spend the time to explain it to you either.
I have crunched the numbers, I am interested to see if you come to a different conclusion than I did. So please spell it out here.

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021

Nono, i didn't want to discourage you please do tell how these changes are going to be. Im just giving my opinion based on the info you said.

I have crunched the numbers, I am interested to see if you come to a different conclusion than I did. So please spell it out here.
Hi Rorry, whats your conclussion?

The multi clients kept me interested in mo.. there was always something I could do while ghosting back or traveling somewhere or just having three extractors or miners going at the same time really just to keep me self reliant and profitable. (when i was) with just one client and account I would get bored of mo in a month. Theres not enough action and way way to much time spent traveling and gearing.

Very good points, core failures of the game if you ask me.

1. Mayor distances and slow ass travelling, ghosting from one place to another was already a silly ass way to travel in MO1, in MO2 is absolutly decadent.

For that matter i rather make it possible to fast travel in ghostmode than to spend so much time travelling just to spawn in a different town. Ghosting has to be the worst way to balance regional conflict, it sucks.

2. Theres no action, we still gotta see how regional conflict will translate when more content comes out. But right now theres nothing to fight for except for the fight itself because the world is giant and empty.

3. I think since players are ment" (in the future) to have only one account, characters should be way more versatile and not only in skills but also in travelling, (at least ghostmode travelling)

I've started playing MO2 with one account and then i got 2 more and gotta say the game is lame with one account, with 2 or more you can either have lots of fun or process materials way too fast. And this is what most vets are familiar with since MO1 was ment for players to have multiple accounts and characters.
It troubles me that at this stage of MO2 SV doesn't limit the amount of accounts per players, it leads me to think they never will.

Now the game is really pay 2 win because you have to throw down on a new pc to run 2 accounts at once.

It really is, like MO1 was but nobody wanted to aknowledge cuz most payed for several accounts.

Last edited:

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
I want to play in a game and get a good game expirience. Also i want to economy my time and dont waste it. More game action (with chance to fight for resourses) is good, also economycal system with action with other people is good. But...
I just want to ask peope who get no crafters, how they play? Its be fun to wait someone who can made you a stuff to play? Or also people who buy shit gear\weps from market, its being cool? I can logged my crafter and made what i want for myself in 5-10 minutes and can be rady to fight.
Now i need... i dont know what i need. I dont like to ask to do something to someone, cuz dont want to being due. i like and love being self sufficient.
I am and more of same of me love and like to being self sufficient. Make a chance to get more then 1 client or made more toons or give us more skill oints.
How i see now, we need like 200 points to sections.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiaVonArf and Rorry