Mortal Online Map

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
This is amazing! Can you explain how the Trade Listings are intended to work? For example:

They are just simple for now. Post your trade listing including contact details - other players can see it and see how to contact you. Just a little something for until trade brokers are implemented

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Small Update:
  • Rhias has now shaded / colored the entire world map by region
  • Rhias has fixed the jungle / toxai areas and added several lakes / rivers
  • An issue with being unable to zoom in on ultrawide screens is now fixed
  • Half zoom levels have been allowed so the map fits perfectly into 1920 res
  • Streamer online notification is off by default (now shows name + view count)
  • Several other fixes and improvements to functionality, suggested by users

Thanks all for the positive comments and feedback

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
I'm looking to update the map with risar and bandit camps. I have a question for all seasoned explorers:

- Do loose bandit/risar spawns still exist or does every spawn belong to a camp now?

Belteyn

Nov 29, 2020
Cambridge, UK
One bit of feedback that I was not sure whether to post here as I think it may be world design issue, and that is that until I explored the map kind of indicates that the waterways flowing in/out of Sausage lake might be rivers of a decent size. That is not the case. Example:

The river east from sausage to Morin Khur is not a river and really just a row of lots of small bits of water that are not all connected, some very small and no more than ponds or puddles and certainly not a navigable river.

Also the river east from sausage to Mohkti does not actually go all the way east. Basically is just stops north of the Bakti mountains and does not start again until a lot further east.

So firstly appreciate this is still in work in progress, and secondly I wonder if SV have actually not properly finished these rivers or maybe the water levels are bugged? as right now they also make no geographic sense in terms of flow direction versus elevation. Anyway Ii think I may post separate on this part, just wanted to start conversation to make people aware those are not proper rivers at all from sausage lake.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
One bit of feedback that I was not sure whether to post here as I think it may be world design issue, and that is that until I explored the map kind of indicates that the waterways flowing in/out of Sausage lake might be rivers of a decent size. That is not the case. Example:

The river east from sausage to Morin Khur is not a river and really just a row of lots of small bits of water that are not all connected, some very small and no more than ponds or puddles and certainly not a navigable river.

Also the river east from sausage to Mohkti does not actually go all the way east. Basically is just stops north of the Bakti mountains and does not start again until a lot further east.

So firstly appreciate this is still in work in progress, and secondly I wonder if SV have actually not properly finished these rivers or maybe the water levels are bugged? as right now they also make no geographic sense in terms of flow direction versus elevation. Anyway Ii think I may post separate on this part, just wanted to start conversation to make people aware those are not proper rivers at all from sausage lake.
The map used for the website was created by Rhias (https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/mo-2-world-map.407/#lg=_xfUid-1-1606100169&slide=0) and is not completely accurate, but you are correct about the rivers being missing. I guess maybe they dive underground and reappear farther down the line. :unsure:

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
A serious and massive improvement and leap forward from the older map for Mortal Online 1. This new map works well on my phone, too, which is great. Love it.

Thanks! Designed it with mobile in mind from the very start, glad you noticed

So I'm looking to improve the map image, add missing lakes, cut out wrong rivers etc. I know of Moh-Ki river issue already. Does anyone know of any others?

vishas

Apr 9, 2021
There's a bunch of small river branches in the jungle that aren't on the map. Also at least one lake that I know of, in the northwest corner.

Reactions: Slyy

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
The map used for the website was created by Rhias (https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/mo-2-world-map.407/#lg=_xfUid-1-1606100169&slide=0) and is not completely accurate, but you are correct about the rivers being missing. I guess maybe they dive underground and reappear farther down the line. :unsure:
Checking out the map for the first time, I had this wild idea that maybe the rivers as they were in MO1 had fallen through, in places, to the big 'underworld' that Nave was sometimes said to have (which we never really saw). That'd be a lot to expect, of course, but if it ever turns out to be true, where the rivers end on the surface would be places to look for the way down.

(Disclaimer: Nothing quite that cool ever was in the world... of Nave... before; I realise that.)

Reactions: Rankor

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Help! If you know of big inaccuracies on the map, please post about it here! Screenshot or description to help fix it would be awesome.

Completed

- MohKi river cut short half way along
- Meduli "Rockwall" more north to south
- Lake added near Meduli Rockwall
- Jungle camp moved further east
- Mountain adjustment at Meduli Two Lakes
- Southern Meduli Two Lake made smaller

Pending
- Missing lake between Fab and Kran
- Bigger gap in mountains north of "Central Steppe"
- Hill to the south of Kranesh should be smaller

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LilLordFontleroy

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Jungle Camp is now too far east! It is located west of the larger islands. The path from Jungle Camp down to level 1 is directly east of the Jungle Camp, and then you have to walk for some minutes to the south-east to reach the path down to sea level. The larger islands are directly south of that path.

About the walking distance from Jungle Camp to Sator Dungeon: I think I needed 20 or 25 minutes.

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
Guys, I'm not very familiar with MO2 lore yet, is it intended that south-east of the map is so empty? Or more cities/camps/dungeons should appear there by the time of full release?

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Guys, I'm not very familiar with MO2 lore yet, is it intended that south-east of the map is so empty? Or more cities/camps/dungeons should appear there by the time of full release?

The southern part of the map is like the map in MO1: There is the jungle camp as only place with a bank. And we have the Sator dungeon not far away from the jungle camp. In MO1 we also had the Necromancy cave with NPCs trading spells for the magic school of Necromancy. And we had three hidden vendors: One next to a Sator city, one on an island in the south-west selling priest shrines for player buildings and one in an underwater cave selling the Oghmium lore book.

I hope on another dungeon with grasshoppers and dragonflies in the south coming from the latest lores on https://www.mortalonline2.com/a-new-dawn/

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The southern part of the map is like the map in MO1: There is the jungle camp as only place with a bank. And we have the Sator dungeon not far away from the jungle camp. In MO1 we also had the Necromancy cave with NPCs trading spells for the magic school of Necromancy. And we had three hidden vendors: One next to a Sator city, one on an island in the south-west selling priest shrines for player buildings and one in an underwater cave selling the Oghmium lore book.

I hope on another dungeon with grasshoppers and dragonflies in the south coming from the latest lores on https://www.mortalonline2.com/a-new-dawn/
Lore said also that those insects disappeared again, right?